The English Language Teachers’ Association Berlin-Brandenburg e.V. is a regional professional association for teachers of English working in the Berlin-Brandenburg area. The goal of ELTABB is to offer professional development to English language teachers. This includes:
- Facilitating and encouraging networking opportunities between teachers in Berlin
- Promoting contact and exchange with other ELTAs
- Offering lectures and workshops on English teaching and linguistic research as well as the business skills required as a professional language teacher
- Connecting teachers and potential clients (including language schools, universities, companies and private clients) and assisting members in promoting themselves
The association was established in 1993 and formally registered as an association (e.V.) in early 1994. Membership has since grown to around 200, consisting of native and non-native speakers from all over the world. Members include freelance teachers working for companies and language schools, state school teachers and university lecturers, entrepreneurs who run schools and agencies, management consultants and published authors. ELTABB is an associate member of the International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (IATEFL) based in the UK.
On this site, you can expect inspiring and insightful articles on various subjects, such as:
- Tips for teaching ESP to people from different professional backgrounds
- Enhancing your teaching with online content
- ELTABB workshop reviews
We wish you lots of fun on our pages and hope that you and your teaching will benefit from it!